Microblading is a modern method of permanent makeup that allows you to recreate, correct, and improve the appearance of natural brows. This “brow architecture” procedure is ideal for both people who have natural brows and those who don’t. The results are natural-looking and long-lasting.
Microblading is considered a type of permanent makeup procedure in which the brow pigment is deposited with a manual pen-like tool. The handheld beauty enhancement tool features a thin blade on the end that contains extremely small needles. The blade itself is three times thinner than the microneedles, which allows technicians to draw crisp, thin and natural-looking hair strokes.
The result of microblading is extremely realistic and customizable based on your specific face shape and desires. The results can last anywhere from two to three years, depending on individual skin type and different factors affecting the procedure.
Benefits of Learning How to Microblade
Becoming certified in microblading offers many benefits, including:
- Help clients achieve their beauty goals
- Create your own schedule
- Master a wide range of skills
- Enjoy a wide range of career options
- You can find career stability by working in an ever-growing industry
- You'll feel confident and prideful in your career
Develop Your Microblading Skills With Our Program
Our Microblading Program is designed for individuals who want to either enter the industry or perfect their skills. This course will provide you with all the necessary training and education needed to become a successful microblading artist.
How Our Program Works
AMA offers a 100-hour In-Depth Microblading Training Course designed to introduce you to the art of microblading. This class is part of our continuous education; the pre-class and post-class requirements must be satisfied before obtaining your certificate of completion. This comprehensive class will teach you all aspects of microblading, from profiling clients to drawing eyebrows to administering and processing client consent forms. If for some reason you don’t feel confident after the first class, you can retake the class as many times as you need in order to get sufficient training and experience.
With our unlimited and in-depth training program, you will ultimately eager and able to practice and master the art of expert-level microblading when you complete our microblading program.
It is required that you must obtain the Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate before attending the class and working on a live model. After you register, we will email you the class information as well as the link to take Bloodborne Pathogen training and obtain BBP certificate. For California and Florida, you must apply for a temporary tattoo license in order to work on a live model in our class. After you register for our class, we will email you the application and direction on how to apply.
After our three-day in-person training, you will have homework assignments. You must submit your homeworks for critique and feedback. Once your strokes and patterns on fake skins approved, you can move on to working on your own live models. After your work is up to beauty standards and all techniques are applied, you will have finished the course and your Certificate of Completion will be mailed to you.
Each student will get to work on a live model on day three. Due to Covid-19, we ask you bring your own live model to work with. If you can’t findone, we will help to find you a model, but it's not guaranteed. We also encourage our students to be a live model so you can share with your clients the experience of microblading treatment and healing process. Microblading instruction and procedure practice with live models are all under the supervision of a qualified instructor.
With our lifetime support, if after the first class you're still not confident and want to perfect your strokes further, you are welcome to attend the next class working on your strokes or working on your own live model under supervision of AMA instructor.
Microblading is pure art and requires a significant amount of practice. Without a good support system, it's tough to be a great microblading artist, but that’s why our team is here to help. AMA is well-known for our lifetime support and continuous education to get you where you want to be.
We help train you until you're confident on your own and begin your career in the microblading business.
What You Will Learn
- AMA microblading techniques to create natural-looking brows
- Understand skin, including age, texture, and undertones
- Proper use of tools and products during the procedure
- Practice Safety, Sanitation, and Sterilization
- Various brow designs and selection
- How to prepare your workstation
- Color theory
- How to complete all necessary documentation for treatments
- How to create perfect symmetry through shaping methods
- And much more!
Free Microblading Kit ($900 Value)
- 1 Eyebrow Divider
- 3 Waterproof Pencils
- 6-Piece Set of Microblading Pigments
- 1 box of disposable blade pen U18 0.15mm (10 pcs)
- 1 box of disposable blade pen U18 0.18mm (10 pcs)
- 1 box of disposable blade pen C12 0.22mm (10 pcs)
- 1 box of disposable shading pen 19R (10 pcs)
- 10 Practice “Skins”
- 30 Ring Holders
- Micro-Applicator Brush (set of 100)
- 1 Pair of Tweezers
- 1 Pair of Scissors
- 1 Pigment Stand
- 1 Professional Bag with AMA Logo
How Much does It Cost?
Our in-person Microblading Training Course is a three-day class with a total cost of $3,900. To reserve your seat, we require a non-refundable $900 deposit. Any remaining balance will be sent to your email via AMA invoice.
You can make the payment before the class via invoice or on the first day of the class session.
- 3-Day In-Depth Microblading Certification Course
- Free Microblading Kit Valued at $900
- Lifetime support from our master trainers
- Membership in our online directory of Microblading Artists
- Exclusive discounts on microblading products & other AMA training courses
- Practice on both artificial skin and a live model (provided during instruction)
- FREE templates and waiver forms for clients
- UNLIMITED Microblading Training
- Microblading Artist Certification
Frequently Asked Questions
Microblading Course Outline
(This outine is for in person class. Pre & post class requirements will be emailed once you have registered)
- What is Microblading? & Ideal Candidates for Microblading
- Sterilization & Sanitation Standards